Skip to main content

What I Learned form My Childhood Cartoons



Growing up, I loved to watch tv until my eyes decided to bail on me. I didn't go blind but, my vision was messed up- before you judge me , I did not sit too close to the tv. Well i was thinking about it the other night about just how my childhood changed my outlook of the world. I basically learned what most people learn form experiences just by watching cartoons. Well that stated, here are some cartoons that i used to watch that taught me some valuable lessons.

 Tom & Jerry -
 Image result for tom and jerryWe all know the story line of Tom constantly trying to catch Jerry. Sometimes he would get him,most times he would just miss the target. The biggest lesson I learned from years of watching Tom & Jerry chase each other is to Be Strategic. Both Tom and Jerry taught me this as Tom would really look into the details of his plan on catching Jerry- despite some of them being unrealistic, and Jerry always planned ahead and assessed Tom's plans before he would strategies his own escape plan that always worked.

 Scooby Doo -

Image result for scooby dooJust like any other child i had a favorite character, yes Fred was the leader and Shaggy was just the goofy guy that always seemed high and the girls were also in their own separate world. However the team constantly taught me as a kid to be aware of people. People are capable of doing more that we are willing to give credit for when it comes to deception. I believe this in some way resulted into the person I am, an open book and a person who rarely trusts anyone, but most of all-I cannot pretend at anything.

 Hey Arnold -
Image result for hey arnold
Good character always pays off. Arnold was such a sweet kid to everyone. Watching him on telly taught me to be a good person at all times, even when it was the hardest. The way he was nice to Helga, only God knows how he was able to put up with that. It was a good lesson that I learned at such a young age,to always be kind regardless of my first impressions of people.To be honest this is still hard to do at the age of 24 as, my face cannot pretend, it is authentic in its expressions of how i feel. If you have got tips on that, do hit the comment section.

 Image result for johnny test yearJohnny Test - it is possible to put differences aside and work together for the greater good.

  Phineas and Ferb-
Image result for phineas and ferb Never stop dreaming, always think outside the box, if it crossed my mind- I can do it. To always believe in myself. I might have thought too much into it but I'm glad I did.



It is really amazing how we learn so much from little things that we do not even pay attention to. Share in the comment section, what have you learned?

Comments

  1. So amazing the things we see but we dont really learn from .. Work great article!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Guarantees- Our Hearts Desires Despite Our Efforts

We all have expectations. From the time we realize we are no longer children, trying to plan our future, figuring out the next stage of life, basically discovering and creating your dream. We aim for good results, the best for ourselves all the time, things that will not only make our life comfortable but fulfilling in our eyes. Whatever our ambitions, we all have a trail of thought of what we want our future to look like. Tricky part is, there is no guarantee that we’ll get our desires, regardless of our efforts exerted. The world is naturally an unstable place to be as a Christian. There is no surety that if you go shopping you’ll be safe, that your job is secure, there are new parasites and diseases erupting each day, fear in so many people. To think that in the epicenter of all this chaos we have a rock that we can rely on and his name is Jesus Christ. When we are in Christ we know that we are safe- not in the sense that nothing bad will happen to us (cause clearly we

Just like Esther: Fulfilling God’s Dreams

Just like Esther: Fulfilling God’s Dreams I won’t bore you with the long story but in short the story of Esther is all about God’s providence, His works behind the scenes to fulfill his plan. His providence in your life often works in the same way- through His invisible hand. He moves in ways that sometimes you do not see but are specifically set up for your good and ultimately His glory. I was reading the book of Esther and thought of how she must have had dreams and aspirations just as you and I. Maybe because we live in different time our dreams might differ- she probably wanted to meet a nice Jewish guy and marry and have babies and raise them in the name of the Lord- you and I, well, we have a few things we want before this lovely part of our lives, like a job, a house, to be financially stable etc. However; God had another dream for her, just as he has a plan for you and I as stated in Isaiah. God’s plan for Ester was to save the entire Hebrew nation. God has made this